Wednesday, April 25, 2012

More Progress + Finally Done




Changing the background color to see if my outlines/colors are nice and perfect. Fixed the face fur a bit...still trying to figure out what's missing on the dog...not sure. Maybe more texture w/ the fur. I like to try to figure it out before I ask artist friends for advice. Argh! I'm obsessed with getting this one just right!!! >_<

Listening To: Birth of Cool (album) by Miles Davis

Purchased: a red headband (so I'll look cool when I go jogging)

                                                                               ~~~


Didn't go jogging because...I dunno. I'm lazy. Anyways, finished it:


May change the background but I found out what I thought was weird about it---I drew my friend w/ an outline and the dog without one (I typically use black outlines for everything). For my friend, her outline is colored to match the flat colors/shadows/highlights on her body and the dog was too fuzzy to really have an outline. Two different things. Well, I tried colored outlines for this piece right here:


But I dunno--I think the only thing that looks good here is Lord Beef Wellington III (The Lickitung for your Pokemon fans or the one w/ the big tongue for the people that have no idea what I'm talking about). I don't like the proportions on the Slowpoke (the pink hippo thing to the far right) and if I recall correctly, I didn't organize my layers properly. The doggie picture, I had a lot of layers and they were nice and organized. 

Anyways, I'm getting off topic. This one was fun and I hope to learn from my mistakes and draw again. Most important, I hope the post-birthday girl liked it. And...I have tons of friends with birthdays this month that I didn't know about/knew about and was too busy to make something. I feel crappy about it. -___-;

And let's not forget the other self/group projects I have.


....sigh...


No comments:

Post a Comment