Sunday, April 22, 2012

Birthday Card: Big Surprise

I was productive--worked on some 3D animation/painting weights! Besides that, I want to finish this for tomorrow although I'll probably end up doing what I did for the Bekkstar drawing. Anyways:



Rough sketches...


I did two passes this time. Next, flat colors!


Then I decided to do a separate color for fur and clothes patterns (the neck/sleeve trim of her shirt):


I try to learn from each drawing and...there's always a lot to learn. I think the proportion of the darkened fur makes the dog's head look weird. Also, I wanted to try colored outlines again and playing with hues. Instead of just using black for her hair, I just darkened the mustardy color on her shirt (or her skin, I forget which color I used). Her sandals are also just a darkened brown. The dog's light fur is actual a light tan instead of just white. Anyways, I do a lot of tweaking and came close to just ragequitting but I'll stick it out. I added shadows in hope of rounding this lil' doggie out:


Not close to being done but it's shaping up. I'll work on the dog more first but I just wanted to post this to show I'm actually being productive! Stay tuned!





No comments:

Post a Comment