Friday, September 23, 2011

Project: The Weird Family Breakfast PART THREE

Finished flat coloring (may change some colors later) and now I'm doing what I said I'd do and add a separate Texture layer--the only thing in it right now is the trim along Fish Mom's coat collar and the plaid pattern:


I want a plaid pattern like last time but I'm unable to find a high-rest frontal of a coat with a plaid pattern to find exactly how it'd alternate from sleeves to the body. I tried Googling 'pea coats' but there are next to no plaid ones--I've tried 'plaid jackets' but the pictures usually aren't big enough or they're the plaid with the big, thick stripes which is what I don't want. Perhaps I'm nitpicking over little things...for now, I'm just drawing it and I'll take a look at what it looks like when I'm done.

Also, I made the background purple because it's a color that starkly contrasts to everything else; it also helps me see if there were gaps I didn't color in properly.

2 comments:

  1. did you get the plaid done? this might help?

    Check out what I found at ae.com.

    also, love the background and tablecloth colors. they are easy on the eye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually used that site to check out jackets (outerwear) and found a herringbone pattern I'd like to employ. And yeah, I actually did finish the plaid pattern--I kept the stripes one color but alternating sizes. :)

    Thanks for the find! I like being able to zoom in on the clothing!

    ReplyDelete