Friday, January 18, 2013

Drawing More Fan Art Like I Shouldn't

I was inspired to create the unstoppable penguin-based robot of time and glory, Pringer X!

I worked on this for most of the day for no particular reason. Well, I am trying to draw more so, that's as good a reason as any. I should go to be soon as I have to wake up early for work.

Well, anyway:


1) Rough sketch
2) Cleaned up the lines as best as I could (I said this before but I tend to draw small when I should really go bigger--would really help me get in there with details and not look so pixelated)


3) Flat Color but didn't like it

4) Changed Flat Color to something darker that'd pop out slightly more


5) Added shadows


6) And highlights (I tried not to make my shadows so dark like I usually did. Plus, I typically neglect highlights and since this is a robot, I wanted it to be nice and shiny, d00d!)

7) Added color to the lines!










8) I placed a radial gradient on a black background for the weird space-ring looking thing. I wanted the scene to look more action packed so I--


9) --added these lines! Whoosh! Whee. Um, yeah, you get the idea. 


10) Added some tiny details like stars, a sexy eye twinkle, and (what I hope is) a subtle glow to the line layer. This took a while and was really fun---I like pushing myself to draw for fun! :)

I wonder if it's pretentious of me to do step-by-steps of these when I'm not a big shot professional or anything. Hm...

...


I'll worry about that later. >_>  <_<




1 comment:

  1. wow! thats awesome! I love the step by step--makes me what to try to make one :) I like how I feel like he is flying into battle!

    ReplyDelete