Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Cave Story Fan Art + More To Come

After playing and beating Cave Story, I decided "Hey, I should do some fan art!"



So I did. Used Illustrator (with a wacom, to boot) for the first time in a while. Tried to capture a minimalistic art style with little to no shadows. Here's what I used as references:



I can stand to do some more do that but I wasn't sure so I left it the way it is for now. I'm still working on The Real Family Breakfast:




Reworked the background and might try colored outlines for the background stuff and black outlines for the foreground...I want this one to be super-duper perfect! I stopped working on the Wellington/Pacole drawing because I told myself "No more fan art--more original works!" and...I ended up doing more fan art.

Well, at least I'm still drawing, right? <__<


Job-wise: I'm doing OK. Still on the hunt! Won't give up! Some things are in works and I won't talk about it until it's finalized (I tend to be a bit presumptuous and end up biting my own tongue while swallowing my words and pride at the same time). 

I've also dealing with moving soon (and biting my nails in anticipation of my tax return). Other personal stuff in my life...um...happened so all of that explains why I haven't been posting here a lot. That should and will change!


OH, UPDATED MY RESUME! YAY!

And congrats to the Markey family on...being a family and stuff! :D

2 comments:

  1. ^_____________________^ Cute little "man-robot thing". I love the tongue :)

    and thanks for the shout out :) The Markey family is doing well

    ReplyDelete