Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Project: The Weird Family Breakfast PART TWO

No work today so I tried to be as productive as possible (ran into some snags, like finding out that you can watch Darkwing Duck episodes on Youtube. Oh, nostalgia--it's nice to remember how great that show was/is). Anyways, I feel that I finished the lines--learned how to use the elliptical marquee tool to draw a better table. Did some finishing touches and voila:


If there's anything I need to change, I can always do it later but for now, I've been dying to do color--here's what I got for now:


I'm using this piece to determine the official colors for these characters; I'd like to get around to creating (if possible) a palette for these guys so I won't have to swatch from previous drawings anymore. Also, I want to find a style that suits these characters--for little details. For example, the kid's pajamas were solid seafoam green before--I think I'll add thin lines of a slightly darker hue. Debating on whether or not to add a pattern to the table (I can always make a pattern swatch but that may be tacky. I also want to avoid using flat colors for things--the monster dad's shirt is actually a really light tan color as opposed to white. Maybe I'll switch to a blue-white. 

I realized I forgot the fish mom's hair band but...well, I may add it in but I may not. I hate how I'd overlook little things like this and I seriously spent a lot of time honing in on the line portion, something I don't usually do. Gragh, I think I need a break. 



3 comments:

  1. i'm not a huge fan of the color of the mom's shirt. maybe a color with more punch? idk

    also, i changed my blogspot name.

    GUESS WHO I AM

    this all looks like good progress though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually don't like it, either...did you like the green color in my last WFB piece? Just the straight green? I may do that. Keep in mind I was going to keep the plaid pattern so I was thinking of trying blue or something....

    ReplyDelete
  3. actually, yes, i was thinking straight green would be good. but the boy's shirt is a pale green, so i wonder if a darkish blue might not be better. it might ground the scene. blue in the dad's tie, blue plaid in the boy's jammies and mom wears a blue shirt.

    but i don't know! picking colors is difficult for me. :)

    ReplyDelete