Thursday, August 25, 2011

T-shirt Contest And More

http://atrium.threadless.com/826/

Another Threadless contest; I've tried entering my shirts in the general running they have but this one was posted by a friend on Facebook. I think I'll give this one a shot. I'm worried this'll put a damper in my original work schedule but...I dunno. Too hard to pass up. I have until the 12th of September to do this thing!

About my workload...I need to be able to do several things at once. Working on one drawing at a time won't cut it, especially with my ambitions. My work load's gotta match my mind load! >:D

So I've been thinking about doing the unthinkable...

...

...

...getting...a planner!!! My only problem with this is that a) it's impossible to follow it meticulously and b) I always forgot to put stuff in it and/or actually read it. Also c) sounds lame.

Here are the pieces I tried to submit to Threadless years ago (and phailed):


I should have submitted this in the winter--this would have been perfect. Some of the suggestions were to add more branches on the tree--also, I probably should have scratched the oval frame and make this only for a grey T-shirt.


The ideal behind this one is that it's a forest at night composed of owls--the giant owl's eye is the moon and the little airborne owls around the big one--their eyes are the stars. The tufts of the sleeping owls on the bottom are hills and trees. I think what I should have done was zoom in and put more details in the feathers..other than that, I liked the idea and was kind of sad it didn't get selected.

No comments:

Post a Comment