Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Used Gimp For The First Time!

And I'm getting the hang of it. I miss having the toolbox and the work space linked and the Navigator feature Photoshop has but I like it otherwise. I worked on a birthday card for someone yesterday. Reference pictures for this:
 
 
 
 







I didn't quite finish but I showed what I had. Started out with blue lines for sketchy times, as usual:


Made notes for accessories on the side (I think I forgot a few things, even). This one will be challenging but challenges are good, right? Anyways, I drew lines:



Had to redo these twice--I still plan to go back and change the face (I'm worried it doesn't look feminine enough. Also, I just got some of the facial proportions wrong). Okay, okay--flat color's next (usually my favorite part)



Adding color helps me see stuff better--I also added a colored background just to see if the white covered parts completely---I don't intended to use this monochromatic background for long (it'd be nice to draw a plane/Macross mobie suit in the background or a docking port or something.) Anyways, I added more layers after that:



Layers: Shadows, Visor, Makeup (yes, makeup)--I still need Highlights, though. More later this morning before I go to work! Not finished but I won't lie--I'm feelin' smug. There's a lot that needs to be done to this!

No comments:

Post a Comment